Friday, February 12, 2010

DIY Dry Erase Board and Shopping Bags

We've been working on planning the garden, and I've been trying to keep track of when things need to be planted, when they should germinate, etc. So, I really wanted a whiteboard to write all this one, so it was more visual than being written in a notebook, and all in one place. But, I didn't want to buy a whiteboard new. I looked on CL, and they all cost a bunch of money. So, I did a search for DIY dry erase board, and found out that you can use dry-erase markers on Plexiglass. Which we happen to have sitting in our basement. So, that's going to get screwed to some sort of frame and hung. Excellent.

In our hall closet, we have a ton of old plastic bags. We use some of them to pick up after Genny, but a large number of them have holes in them. I've heard of people knitting them into reusable totes, so that's what I'm going to try to do. I found a couple patterns to try out. My knitting is only so-so, so I'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment