Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grilled Salmon Salad

I love to eat out.  Part of it is the food, part of it is that I love being waited on and not having to do dishes.  I also love getting ideas for my own kitchen, particularly salads.  I love a really good salad, but always feel like mine are a little lacking in creativity.  Great American Restaurants, however, make a salad that I love so much that I hardly order anything else.  Coastal Flats, Silverado's, Artie's, and all the others all have a variation of this salad.  It's the Short Smoked Salmon Salad. Obviously salmon is the key component: a nice fillet right on top of a bed of field greens. I also always opt for the fried goat cheese for an additional $1. This brings the salad to about $17.  Last night, I decided that it was time to create my own version.

I went to Wegman's and picked up salmon. Since we don't have a smoker, I decided to grill instead (or rather, have DH grill for me).  I picked up french cut green beans and pee-wee potatoes.  Our salad greens came from the farmers' market (we buy a big bag each week).

It was beautiful.

It was also delicious.  Depending on which restaurant, sometimes it comes with asparagus, sometimes it comes with green beans.  I made the decision based on what looked freshest.  Sometimes it also has tomatoes or grilled onions. I kept it pretty simple, to let the salmon and goat cheese shine.

Serves 4.

Ingredients:
4 salmon fillets

No comments:

Post a Comment